The Department of Human Resource Management and Development is responsible for: -
Managing the overall Management and development of the employees of the Ministry
Prepare an action plan for internal employee’s capacity building in collaboration with other department heads of the Ministry.
- Prepare schedule for continues staff awareness building within the Ministry in collaboration with the Finance and admin department and the Director General.
- Prepare Bi-monthly report of the staff job attendance before the disbursement of the monthly salary.
- Closely follow employee job performance and suggest promotion and reward schemes within the Ministry.
- Develop quarterly staff performance appraisal report
- Deals with the review of scheme of service, job allocation, performance appraisal, employment, discipline and productivity improvement.
- Maintains professional record of the employees of the Ministry.
- Work closely with the CSI in finding staff capacity building trainings specific to the ministry.
- Support other Department in Managing employees of the Ministry.
- Prepare and get approval the working structure of his/her department and implement accordingly.
- Delegating some of the less important and less urgent tasks to the section heads and other department.
- Does whatever the Minister and Director General Delegates him/her in timely fashion.
- Holds continues meeting with his team and reports to the Ministry top management officials.
- Participates on behalf of the department all Ministry weekly meeting and top level management meetings and reports back to hi/her team.
- Encourages hi/her staff to be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the Ministry.
- In collaboration with Department of Policy Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, prepare and implement five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department.
- In collaboration with the Human resource development department prepare and implement the capacity development for all department staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates of the department in consultation with the heads of sections.
- Harmonizing annual work plans for the department.
- Coordinating the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Coordinating the preparation of department’s risk management framework Preparing annual monitoring and evaluation report.