ICT department is responsible for: -
The Development of the required Legal Framework for developing the ICT sector in Somaliland.
Study and assess current and future ICT regulations needed by the Ministry.
- Sort out the status of the implementations of the ICT regulations, guidelines, and standards prepared by the Ministry.
- Develop a plan of action for the development and implementation of the new and existing regulations developed by the Ministry for both the ICT sector.
- Prepare and Implement Guidelines and Standards for the Acquisition and procurement of Government ICT.
- Prepare and Implement Guidelines and Standards for ICT Projects Management for the government Institutions.
- Delegating some of the less important and less urgent tasks to the section heads and another department.
- Develop a national general ICT infrastructure development plan and Ministry Legal Framework for the development of ICT sector of the country.
- Prepare and Implement Guidelines Official Social Media accounts management (guidelines, security, and verification).
- Prepare and get approval the working structure of his/her department and implement accordingly
- Managing the Resources under the supervision of the Director-General and the Minister.
- Does whatever the Minister and Director General delegate him/her in a timely fashion
- Holds continue meeting with his team and reports to the Ministry top management officials
- Participates on behalf of the department all Ministry weekly meetings and top-level management meetings and reports back to his/her team.
- Encourages his/her staff to be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the Ministry
- Prepare and implement five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department for the implementation of ICT regulations and guidelines.