The Department of planning, statistics and monitoring evaluation department is responsible for:
Raise the awareness of the Ministry employees for the Ministry plan and budget to boost the trust and commitment of the employees of the Ministry.
Present the Approved plan of action prepared by the different departments of the Ministry to all over the employees of the Ministry & Prepare the quarter plan of the Ministry in collaboration with all other departments of the Ministry.
- Preparing 5 years’ strategic plan for Ministry in line with the National Development Plan
- Coordinating formulation and preparation of the Ministry’s medium term strategic plan, annual action plans and budgets
- Coordinating formulating, reviewing, implementation and monitoring of Ministry’s policies; and ensure they are consistent with national policies, frameworks and strategies
- Preparing annual work plans, developmental Programs for Ministry and strategy documents for the departments
- Providing technical guidance and support for institutionalization of strategic planning and budgeting process within the Ministry.
- Coordinating technical inputs from all departments and works closely with them to develop organization’s strategic plan and implementation guidelines, and ensures copies are made available to all departments
- Reviewing existing policies and ensuring their compliance with current laws and regulations
- Providing guidance on the integration of governance issues into development planning, organizing and coordinating periodic work-plans
- Build capacity of the Ministry in the area of policy and strategy plan adaptation and implementation
- Prepare and get approval the working structure of his/her department and implement accordingly.
- Delegating some of the less important and less urgent tasks to the section heads and other department.
- Does whatever the Minister and Director General Delegates him/her in timely fashion.
- Holds continues meeting with his team and reports to the Ministry top management officials
- Participates on behalf of the department all Ministry weekly meeting and top level management meetings and reports back to hi/her team.
- Encourages hi/her staff to be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the Ministry.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department.
- In collaboration with the Human resource development department prepare and implement the capacity development for all department staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates of the department in consultation with the heads of sections.
- Harmonizing annual work plans for the department.
- Coordinating the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Coordinating the preparation of department’s risk management framework Preparing annual monitoring and evaluation report.